Sunday, October 3, 2010

Immortal Fear: Chapter Four

I scan the woods cautiously. It must have been my imagination, but something inside me told me it wasn't. I hear more stick snapping, and more dead leaves crunching under weight. I try to slide back into the cabin, but I wouldn't budge. I breathe uneavenly, and my heart races. Something emerges from the bushes and tree's. I gasp.

It was a girl.

She had short black hair, witch was curly. Her eyes were a very dark brown, and her skin was very pale. Gosh, this girl needed some sun. She looked to be my age, as she walks, eyebrow raised, coming towards me. She wore a fleece orange sweater, and faded jeans. "Um, need some help there?" she asks.

"Um, yeah," I say, embarressed. She slightly nods and walks over to me. She reaches up and grabs my hands. She attempts to pull me out, but I don't budge. I feel more embarressed. "Gosh," I mutter. The girl lets go and look around for something. She walks over to a fallen log and pulls out a knife, which startled me. She begins cutting the log in half. What could a little knife do to a huge log? "Um, what are you doing?" I ask.

"I'm cutting the log, to make it a stool for when we free you from the window," she says, concentrating on the work.

"Oh," I say. I try to get free, but it still doesnt work. "Um, if you don't mind me asking," I begin, "Who are you?"

She hesitates, then continues cutting. "I'm Bruxa Myers. A sophomore at Scarvet high school. I live around here in the woods, I'm...new here." she says, still working. I didn't need that much of information, I think to myself. But I should be glad, she was freeing me. Minutes later, the log snaps in half and she brings it over to me. Gosh, she was stronger then she looked. She places the log at the foot of the window. She grabs my hands once more, and free's me. I step down onto the log, then onto the forest floor. I rub my sides.

"Thanks," I say thankfuly. She nods, then looks at me.

"I didn't catch your name," she says, crossing her arms when the wind blows.

"I'm Audrey Locke," I answer. And then, she gave a strange look, which formed into a smile.

"Hello Audrey," she grins. Then and there, I felt uncomfortable.

4 comments: