Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Immortal Fear: Chapter Three

I spin around to face the closed door. Something began to form in my stomach. Probably terror, fear, and ect. It was just the wind, I think to myself. I close the notebook, and put it in my jean back pocket. I walk over to the door, grip the handle, and pull. It doesn't budge. I try once more.

Nothing.

A lump forms in my throat and I try multiple times. Still nothing. I scratch the back of my neck, which I usually did when I was uncomfortable or nervous. I swallow, but I learn my throat has gone utterly dry. I let out a cough.

"Um, Mem?" I call out. Mem could have possibly have been pulling a prank on me. But, something told me it wasn't her nor the wind. No one answers. Minutes go by, and I soon began to freak. "Mem!" I yell out, banging on the locker door. Here's the strange thing; this door didn't have a lock. I flinch nervousily and look around for something. I soon realize how stupid I was. Their was a window in the kitchen area. I stride over to it and study it for a few moments. I climb onto the kitchen counter and lean over, and unlock the window. I push the glass up, and punch the screen part of it. I suck in, and squeeze through.

It wasn't very comfortable. In my opinion, I was fat. But it was the window that was to small. "Damn," I mutter under my breath. I then notice another problem. The ground was almost 7 feet down. If I did get out, I'd fall head first. I bite my bottom lip as half of me is outside, the other inside.

The bushes rustle, and I hear something snap. I feel my heart pound in my chest, and I can't breathe. Something...or someone, was here.

1 comment: